AlertManager is an open-source alerting system that works with the Prometheus Monitoring system. In the last article, I have explained Prometheus setup on Kubernetes.
In this guide, I will cover the Alert Manager setup and its integration with Prometheus.
Note: In this guide, all the Alert Manager Kubernetes objects will be created inside a namespace called monitoring. If you use a different namespace, you can replace it in the YAML files.
Alertmanager on Kubernetes
Alert Manager setup has the following key configurations.
- A config map for AlertManager configuration
- A config Map for AlertManager alert templates
- Alert Manager Kubernetes Deployment
- Alert Manager service to access the web UI.
Important Setup Notes
- You should have a working Prometheus setup up and running. Follow this tutorial for Prometheus setup ==> Prometheus Setup On Kubernetes.
- Prometheus should have the correct alert manager service endpoint in its
config.yamlas shown below to send the alert to Alert…